SPRING RACING WITH ASOS
This year I couldn't help but feel a little bummed being on the other side of the world during spring racing season, so when ASOS contacted me to put together my favourite race day outfit, I didn't need to be told twice! Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival is creeping up ever so quickly, so be sure to head over to the ASOS Spring Racing Hub for all your race day outfit needs.... Here are my picks for this season:
1. Pastels vs brights: I'm still having a moment with pastels, from peachy pink hues to baby blues, it's a fun way to do colour without being garish.
2. Monochrome vs floral/patterned: Monochrome is the dress code for Derby Day but we all know, florals are for spring (groundbreaking, I know). Pare it back with simple accessories and barely there makeup.
3. Dresses vs Jumpsuit/ co-ords: Dresses because, I'm a laaaaaaady.
4. Heels vs flats: Heels are the finishing touch to dressy attire but there's nothing worse than sinking 2 inches deep into the grassy grounds. Enter the block heel, stylish yet practical and chances are you won't end up as that girl who's spotted limping home - heels in hand.
5. Fascinators vs alternative headwear: Fascinators are fun, but I love that nowadays anything goes for headwear whether it be a bejewelled headband, gemstone headress, cat ears, or my personal favourite, a fresh floral crown.
6. Bright lips vs smokey eye: Call me old fashioned, but I believe dark, heavy smokey eyes come out when the sun goes down. So keep things fresh during the day with dewy, glowing skin and steal the spotlight with a classic red lip or a pop of pink.
Photography by Luke Robinson